Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Monster Pike On Simcoe

Monster Pike On Simcoe 2 years 7 months ago #926

Me and 2 buddies went out for pike Friday March 27th, 2015, got there for 6:45am. Weather was overcast, cold and windy. Set up in 6 FOW. Set up some rods and Tip-Ups. One of my friends 3rd time ice fishing you could tell by his insane reaction. (***Warning : Mild Profanity in Videos)

Got the first one of the day at 9am on a live emerald shiner using tip-up.

IMG_9797.JPG

9.6 Lbs (released)

After I released this nice fish I was playing around with the perch on ultra light rod and 2lb line using a small orange/yellow buckshot (no leader) when I hooked into another nice Northern.

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

6.5 Lbs (released)

As soon as I managed to get the fish back in the whole my buddy sets the hook on a monster. Again playing around with the perch using a size 6 hook rigged with a pinhead minnow with thin line. After a long fight...

IMG_9814.jpg

IMG_9815.jpg

13.7 Lbs Monster (released)

Then it was slow for a while catching perch all dinks until my buddy's rod goes off outside and he lands a nice Bass again using a live medium sized emerald shiner.

P3270334.jpg

P3270335.jpg

4.5 Lb Largemouth (released)

At about 5pm when we where about to start packing up I managed to hook into another pike again using the same perch setup as before.

P3270339.jpg

P3270337.jpg

8.6 Lbs (released)

All in All it was a Phenomenal Last Trip of the Hardwater Season for me on the Beautiful Lake Simcoe.
  • Damian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Damian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds