Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4km Sun City Charity Swim

4km Sun City Charity Swim 2 years 3 months ago #934

Wegman prepares to Swim With The Fishes again by swimming across Lake Couchiching August 8th 2015

Orillia Ontario: Wil Wegman of Bradford Ontario, might be better known for catching fish than swimming with them but it’s exactly the latter that he will be doing once again on Saturday August 8th in the fish-filled waters of Orillia’s Lake Couchiching. “I’ll be swimming in my third Sun City Swim event across ‘Cooch’ and I’m really excited about it. In 2013 it took me 1 hour 35.5 minutes (placing 17th) and in 2014 I placed 15th and it took me 1 hour 29.3 minutes. I really don’t know if I can better that time, but I’m swimming laps 4-5 days a week just to give a good try” said Wegman. One of the factors that will definitely influence everyone’s time however ... is wind; and Cooch is known for its rough water. All proceeds from the Sun City Swim in 2015 will benefit the Child Advocacy Centre of Simcoe/Muskoka... supporting abused children
This year Wegman is also reaching out to others in the fishing community and beyond to give this swim a try. Swimmers can choose to swim either a 1km or 4km swim. “This event attracts swimmers with various levels of expertise and the goal for many is definitely not to finish as quickly as they possibly can. It’s more about challenging yourself to swim a distance you thought you’d never be able to ... in a safe, controlled and fun atmosphere. Even better is the opportunity to participate in a truly worthwhile event to raise funds for a great cause, “said Wegman.

To swim the longer distance like Wil, all will start at the Fern Resort off the Rama Rd at 8am and swim straight across to Couchiching Beach Park in Orillia – a total of 4 km. “I have always loved fishing Couchiching and have competed in many bass tournaments here over the last 25 years. I just hope I won’t be too distracted by some of the fish I know I’ll see along the way ... but I’ll try to stay focussed this year on swimming straight and reaching the other side of Cooch to support this worthwhile cause,” he concluded.
To support Wil’s attempt to swim across Lake Couchiching before Aug 8th, please log onto the secure Canada Helps link: www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/wil-wegman-...h-the-fishes-again-/ and follow the easy instructions provided.

About The Child Advocacy Centre:
The Child Advocacy Centre of Simcoe/Muskoka is a child-friendly and child-focused centre in which multidisciplinary professionals provide service to children and youth who have experienced abuse all under one roof, working closely and independently for the purpose of providing a comprehensive, seamless response to child abuse. The CACSM provides an approach to service in a child-centered environment that minimizes trauma and fosters healing. - See more at: www.cacsimcoemuskoka.ca
To provide a small donation to this great cause in Wil’s name, please click on the link below. www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/wil-wegman-...h-the-fishes-again-/
For more information on the Sun City Swim: www.cacsimcoemuskoka.ca/page/sun-city-swim
Thank you very much!
Wil Wegman
"Focus On Fishing"
<°))))><
www.wilwegman.com
  • Kris
  • Thank you received: 28
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds