Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ice Fishing Seminar in Lefroy

Ice Fishing Seminar in Lefroy 10 months 4 days ago #960

For Immediate Release: Jan. 17, 2017

Lefroy ON: Award winning outdoor writer and tournament winning angler Wil Wegman of Bradford will be hosting one of his popular ice fishing seminars on Thursday January 26, 7-9 pm. Wegman’s full power point presentation will demonstrate tips he’s learned from over four decades of ice fishing Lake Simcoe and across Ontario.

Wegman’s ice fishing articles have appeared in most Canadian Outdoor magazines, some US publications, several newspapers and Tourism guides. He is the Hooked on Fishing columnist for Lake Simcoe Living magazine. Wegman has won the Perch Trap Attack on Simcoe, the Perchin For MS event there and was also a member of Team Canada at the World Ice Fishing Championships in 1991. His seminar tour sees him travel from Sudbury to Toronto and from Hamilton to Ottawa with many stops in between

Wegman is excited about this seminar close to home in Simcoe County’s Town of Innisfil. “ I’m especially happy as well that Lowrance and Navionics rep Gerry Heels will accompany me and offer anglers some incredible insight on how to maximize the use of Electronics for ice fishing. Gerry is also provides a mobile ice guiding service on the lake, so participants should learn a great deal,” he said. 

Wegman’s power point presentation will focus on ice fishing an ever changing Lake Simcoe with particular emphasis on safety, how to catch more yellow perch, whitefish and lake trout during the winter. “Lake Simcoe is a huge body of water and receives more fishing pressure than any other inland lake in the province. With all that hard water and all those other ice anglers, it can be a daunting lake to try and figure out, yet it is still one of the top fisheries in the province. I hope ice anglers walk away from the evening having learned a thing or two to help them understand the lake and its fish a little more,” he said.

With that knowledge and the tips and tricks Wegman and Heels will reveal on how to catch those fish … ice anglers of all skill levels are sure to find the evening both entertaining and rewarding.

An incredible array of draw prizes will be available; including a vast assortment of HT Tackle, a Lowrance Ice Machine (valued at over $300), a Navionics Chip ($200 value) and an all-expense paid ice fishing excursion for two with Terry Goy Fish Huts in Lefroy. 

There is no cost for entry but participants are asked to bring a supply of non-perishable foods for the local food bank and to reserve their seat at Wil’s Focus on Fishing site at www.wilwegman.com under the heading Registration.
  • Kris
  • Thank you received: 28
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds